During your eighteen-month trainee programme, you will attend Welsh Water’s accredited competency programme covering topics including wastewater treatment processes, quality, health and safety, and also the knowledge and skills you gain will be practised in the workplace, under the expert guidance of your buddy.
Working closely with your experienced buddy, we’ll teach you how to:
- Operate and maintain our wastewater treatment works
- Undertake site safety inspections
- Attend to faults identified by our telemetry alarm system
- Periodically inspect and maintain our pumping stations
- Control stock levels of required chemicals required in the wastewater treatment process
As well as the on-the-job skills that you will gain while working with passionate and experienced colleagues, you will develop your confidence, organisation and problem solving abilities.
What do we need?
As well as an individual who really believes in Welsh Water’s mission and values, you will be a person who possesses a flair for problem solving and is passionate about planning for the effective running of a site. You will be organised, be able to communicate effectively, have a keen eye for detail and able to work to deadlines.
As well as the above;
- You will need English and Maths GCSE at Grade C or above, or equivalent.
- You need to be available to start with us on 2nd December 2019
- Applying for our trainee programme is like applying for a job so you will have to go through our application process.
We have opportunities in the following locations:
- Carmarthen (Parc y Splott Treatment Works)
- Llanelli Treatment Works